Virgin Money appoints new independent non-executive director
- Geeta Gopalan is appointed to the Board with effect from 25 June 2015.
Virgin Money has today announced that it has strengthened its Board through the appointment of Geeta Gopalan as an Independent Non-Executive Director. Geeta will join the Board on 25 June 2015 and will become a member of the Audit, Risk, Balance Sheet and Remuneration Committees.
Geeta currently holds Independent Non-Executive Directorships with Vocalink, the payment systems and ATM switching platform specialist, and its subsidiary Advanced Payment Technology Ltd, a company focussed on mobile payment solutions. Geeta is also a Non-Executive Member and Vice Chair of the England Committee of the Big Lottery Fund, one of the largest funders of the community and voluntary sector in England.
Geeta’s executive career in financial services included the role of Director of Payment Services with HBOS, and during 17 years with Citigroup she held the roles of Managing Director, UK Retail Bank and Business Development Head EMEA. At Monitise, the AIM listed mobile payments company, Geeta was Chair of Monitise Europe. She was also a member of the Management Board at Vayana Financial Services, a financial services business focused on electronic supply chain financing in India and the Middle East. Geeta also ran her own consultancy business.
Glen Moreno, Chairman of Virgin Money, said: "I am delighted that Geeta Gopalan will join the Board of Virgin Money. Geeta’s broad experience and knowledge of the financial services industry, including digital innovation, will be invaluable to us as we move forward and continue to build the Company. This is an excellent appointment which further strengthens the Board and I look forward to working closely with Geeta."
Virgin Money Press Office:
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Virgin Money Board
Following the appointment, the Virgin Money Board will comprise:
- Glen Moreno, Chairman
- Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Chief Executive Officer
- Lee Rochford, Chief Financial Officer
- Norman McLuskie, Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
- Sir David Clementi*, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Colin Keogh, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Marilyn Spearing, Independent Non-Executive Director
- James B. Lockhart III, Non-Executive Director
- Gordon McCallum, Non-Executive Director
- Patrick McCall, Non-Executive Director
- Geeta Gopalan, Non-Executive Director
(*Sir David Clementi will retire from the Board on 30 June 2015 as previously announced.)
2. Geeta Gopalan CA, BCom (Hons.)
Career history includes:
Vocalink Holdings Limited
Advanced Payment Technology Ltd
Big Lottery Fund England
|2012 - 2013|
Social and Sustainable Capital
|2008 - 2015|
|2008 - 2010|
|2009 – 2010|
Vayana Financial Services
|2008 - 2009|
Consultant – Financial Services
|2007 - 2007|
Payments Council Limited
|2005 - 2007|
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/cards.jsp for full terms and conditions.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, pensions, investment and protection products
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make "everyone better off" – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to our shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £¼ billion, including funds raised through Virgin Money Giving the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.