Virgin Money’s latest lounge lands in Glasgow
- Virgin Money has opened its fifth customer Lounge on Queen Street in Glasgow
- Team Scotland 800m athlete Lynsey Sharp joined customers and staff to celebrate the opening
- The new Glasgow site will also offer banking facilities for customers in the same building
To celebrate the opening of the brand new Virgin Money Lounge in Glasgow, staff and customers were joined by Team Scotland 800m runner Lynsey Sharp.
The new Lounge is situated at the heart of Glasgow’s city centre at 145 Queen Street, just around the corner from George Square and Buchanan Street. It is the fifth Virgin Money Lounge to be opened, offering customers a unique experience in banking.
Virgin Money Lounges are designed to offer customers a memorable experience in attractive and comfortable surroundings. Access to the Lounges is exclusively available to Virgin Money customers, and membership is free.
All Virgin Money Lounges offer free refreshments and snacks, use of iPads and wi-fi access, televisions to catch up on the latest news, daily newspapers and magazines, and facilities to help keep children entertained. They also offer informal areas which are available for customers looking to hold a business meeting. Unique features of the Glasgow Lounge include a cinema experience that can be used for evening events.
As part of Virgin Money’s ambition to make ‘everyone better off’, Lounges are also available to be used for community events, charity meetings and fundraising activities.
Lynsey Sharp, Team Scotland 800m runner said: "It was a pleasure to meet customers and staff in the fabulous new Virgin Money Lounge. It was a nice break from my training regime and felt like a real oasis of calm in the middle of the city centre. It will be great for Virgin Money customers to pop-in if they’re going to see the Commonwealth Games over the next couple of weeks."
Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Virgin Money’s Chief Executive said: "The feedback we get on all of our other Lounges is fantastic, so we are delighted to open our spectacular new site for customers in Glasgow. We are always aiming to offer something extra-special and truly different to our customers and our Lounges are a perfect example of that. We are ready to celebrate the Commonwealth Games with our customers, and are looking forward to welcoming them."
The Glasgow Lounge is the first Lounge to offer full banking facilities on the same site, with banking services available in a separate area of the building. It is the fifth in the UK, joining existing Lounges in Edinburgh, London, Manchester and Norwich.
- ENDS -
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Further images of the Glasgow Lounge are available at www.flickr.com/photos/virginmoney-uk/sets/
- Further information about Virgin Money Lounges is available at www.virginmoney.com/virgin/about-lounges/
Lynsey Sharp, the Team GB 800m athlete who will compete at the Commonwealth Games 2014, in Glasgow is sponsored by Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit fundraising website from Virgin Money. The sponsorship was announced on 5 June and further details can be found at:Virgin Money Giving Media Centre
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make "everyone better off" – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £¼ billion through Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/mortgages/ for full terms and conditions.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.