Virgin Money Wi-Fi usage in Stores now tops 100,000 hours each month
- Virgin Money has offered free Wi-Fi to customers across its Store and Lounge network since 2012
- Usage now averaging over 100,000 hours surfing each month
Since the introduction of free Wi-Fi for customers across Virgin Money’s Store network in 2012, Wi-Fi usage has grown to reach a total of over 100,000 hours each month, with total growth of over 140% seen in the last 12 months.
On average, the service is used for around 35 minutes per session as customers manage their Virgin Money accounts online, browse for new products, or simply check their emails and social feeds.
Brian Brodie, Sales and Marketing Director, said: "Our customers tell us that they love our Virgin Money Stores and Lounges and we are always aiming to offer something extra-special for them. The future of business will be in the ability to anticipate customers’ needs, understand what matters to them and act on that knowledge to surprise and delight them."
"Free Wi-Fi is just one example of a service we offer across all of our Stores that customers really value as it allows them to save their own data allowance and guarantee a fast connection indoors. The popularity is demonstrated by passing the milestone of surfing of 100,000 hours each month, which is the equivalent of over 1,300 hours per Store.”
Free Wi-Fi is available in all Virgin Money Stores and Lounges, and is delivered in partnership with The Cloud.
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £¼ billion through Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.