Virgin Money makes reductions of up to 0.40% across its mortgage range
This information is intended for use by journalists and is correct at the time of publication. Customers wanting to view our current mortgage range should visit our mortgages pages.
- 80% LTV two-year fixed rates available from 2.78% (£995 product fee)
- 70% LTV five-year fixed rates available from 3.29% (£995 product fee)
- 90% LTV two-year fixed rate fee saver option available at 4.29%
- Two-year buy-to-let tracker rates available from 2.69% (£995 product fee)
Virgin Money has made a number of rate reductions across its residential and buy-to-let range. All products will be available from Tuesday 22 July 2014.
Key changes to the mortgage range include:
Improvements for customers with lower deposits
- Two-year fixed rate at 3.23% up to 85% LTV with a £995 product fee – a reduction of 0.25%
- Two-year fixed rate at 4.29% up to 90% LTV with no product fee – a reduction of 0.20%
- Three-year fixed rate at 4.68% up to 90% LTV with no product fee – a reduction of 0.20%
Buy-to-let rate reductions
- Two-year fixed rate at 2.99% up to 60% LTV with a £1,995 product fee – a reduction of 0.10%
- Three-year fixed rate at 3.19% up to 60% LTV with a £1,995 product fee – a reduction of 0.40%
- Two-year tracker at 2.69% up to 60% LTV with a £995 product fee – a reduction of 0.40%
- Two-year tracker at 3.39% up to 75% LTV with a £995 product fee – a reduction of 0.40%
Buy-to-let rate reductions
- Two-year fixed rate at 2.79% up to 60% LTV, with a £1,995 product fee
- Two-year fixed rate at 2.99% up to 60% LTV, with a £1,495 product fee
- Products available through all intermediaries registered with Virgin Money
Peter Rogerson, Virgin Money Savings and Mortgages Director said: “We’re delighted to make these changes to our mortgage products. The range has something for everyone, and the rate reductions are particularly beneficial for people with smaller deposits and buy-to-let investors.”
Full details of Virgin Money’s mortgage product range are available at www.virginmoney.com.
- ENDS -
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
Early Repayment Charges
Following the fixed rate or tracker period, the loan will revert to Virgin Money’s Standard Variable Rate (SVR), (currently 4.79%) for the life of the loan. On Everyday products, the Early Repayment Charge will apply to the outstanding secured loan balance at the time of redemption. Any overpayments in excess of the 10% annual allowance will also be subject to the Early Repayment Charge.
Early Repayment Charges – Buy-to-Let
Following the fixed rate or tracker period, the loan will revert to Virgin Money’s Buy-to-Let Variable Rate, (currently 4.99%) for the life of the loan. On Everyday products, the Early Repayment Charge will apply to the outstanding secured loan balance at the time of redemption. Any overpayments in excess of the 10% annual allowance will also be subject to the Early Repayment Charge.
Fee Saver Option
The Fee Saver Option is ideal for customers looking to keep their fee costs as low as possible. This option is available across most of the range of mortgage products, enabling customers to choose between lower rates on a range of product fees, or paying a slightly higher rate without a product fee. Where fees are added to the loan they will incur interest for the term of the loan.
Products are available through registered mortgage intermediaries, via the UK based call centre on 0800 0285 277 and at mortgages.virginmoney.com. Phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm Saturday, and 10am to 3pm on Sunday.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has helped London Marathon runners raise over £¼ billion through Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit online fundraising service, since 2010.
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/mortgages/ for full terms and conditions.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.