Virgin Money reintroduces WWF Young Saver partnership
- Virgin Money renews partnership with the WWF following the success of 2013 campaign
- WWF Animal Adoption packs given away to under-16s with all new Virgin Young Saver Accounts
- Virgin Young Saver Issue 2 offers interest of 2.00% gross* p.a / AER**
Virgin Money is reintroducing its popular partnership with the WWF, which offers free WWF Animal Adoption subscriptions with the Virgin Young Saver Account. The partnership is intended to demonstrate the importance of saving for the future – whether this is for the financial future of children or protecting the future of the world’s most endangered animals.
The Virgin Young Saver Account is available to the under-16s. Under the partnership, everyone opening a new account from Wednesday 16 April will receive a 12 month WWF Animal Adoption subscription which supports the work of the WWF – the world’s leading independent conservation organisation, in protecting rare and endangered species and their habitats.
Subscription packs will be available through Virgin Money Stores and by telephone and will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
Young customers can choose from 12 different WWF Animal Adoption Packs, with the range featuring the following animals: Snow Leopard, Tiger, Polar Bear, Mountain Gorilla, Adelie Penguin, Amur Leopard, Giant Panda, Bottlenose Dolphin, Black Rhino, Asian Elephant, Hawksbill Turtle and Borneo Orang-utan.
Each WWF Animal Adoption pack includes:
- A cuddly toy of the chosen animal
- An official certificate of adoption
- Sticker, bookmarks and an animal fact book
- Free quarterly update from the WWF
Peter Rogerson, Savings and Mortgages Director at Virgin Money said: “We are delighted to renew our partnership with WWF, which helps to make children aware of how important it is to save for the future – both financially and environmentally. It was a popular promotion with customers last year, helping to raise the profile of the fantastic conservation work of the WWF.”
Alison Lucas, Director of Communications & Fundraising at WWF-UK said: “The new partnership between WWF and Virgin Money builds on the success of last year’s promotion which helped young savers get a good deal for their money and a good deal for wildlife. We’re delighted to be teaming up with Virgin Money on its Young Saver account – an account that helps children save more than money, it helps them save rare and endangered wildlife for all our futures.”
More information on the Virgin Young Saver Account is available through Virgin Money Stores or at www.virginmoney.com/savings.
Virgin Money Press Office
Tel: 0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
Product Details – Virgin Young Saver Issue 2
- The Virgin Young Saver Issue 2 pays interest of 2.00% gross* p.a / AER**.
- Accounts can be opened with just £1 and there is a maximum balance limit of £10,000.
- Accounts are available through Virgin Money Stores, by telephone, or by post.
- The account is open to customers aged under 16 and must be opened with an appropriate adult named on the account as a trustee.
- All withdrawals are notice free and all trustees are required to sign for any withdrawals.
*Gross is the rate of interest paid to eligible non-taxpayers without deduction of tax. Interest will be paid net of tax unless the account holder is eligible to receive interest gross and submits the required registration form.
**AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be when interest is paid and added to the capital balance each year.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual one-day fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money leads the London Marathon sponsorship with the ambition to help runners raise £¼ billion over 5 years and will use its infrastructure, online capability and financial expertise to deliver that through Virgin Money Giving.
- WWF is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisations, with almost five million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries
- WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
- The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about this product should visit www.virginmoney.com/savings for full terms and conditions.
Virgin Money plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 6952311). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.