Virgin Money welcomes royal arrival George, and George's everywhere
- Young Saver Accounts loaded with £25 for the first 1,000 George’s to open account in Store
- Young George’s will also receive a 1 year WWF Animal Adoption subscription
- Virgin Young Saver Issue 2 offers interest of 2.00% gross* p.a. / AER**
To mark the birth of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s baby boy, George Alexander Louis, Virgin Money is giving away Virgin Young Saver Accounts loaded with £25, and WWF Animal Adoption kits, to the first 1,000 George’s aged under 16, opening an account in-Store.
Peter Rogerson, Head of Savings and Mortgages at Virgin Money said: “A new Royal arrival is always an uplifting experience for the nation and to mark the birth we are offering the first 1,000 George’s a Virgin Young Saver Account loaded with £25 as well as a WWF subscription.”
“It is of course a bit of fun to mark the birth but has a serious message at its heart. Having savings for your children will help them get off to a great start when they fly the nest and start to live their lives independently. It's vital that you start early so that the savings will accumulate and your children will have enough money to make choices about things like education, taking a gap year or starting their careers. It is never too early to start saving for your child’s financial future.”
Virgin Money has partnered with the WWF, the world’s leading independent conservation organisation, in 2013 to help bring money and savings to life for children and is offering a 1 year WWF Animal Adoption subscription with each Virgin Young Saver Account opened.
The Virgin Young Saver Issue 2 pays interest of 2.00% gross* p.a. / AER**, and is available through Virgin Money Stores, or by post, to customers aged under 16. Accounts can be opened with just £1, and provide instant access to savings. More information on the Virgin Young Saver Account is available through Virgin Money Stores or at www.virginmoney.com/savings.
- ENDS -
Virgin Money Press Office
Tel: 0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
Product details - Virgin Young Saver Issue 2 Account
|Annual interest %|
Accounts have a maximum balance limit of £10,000, and must be opened with an appropriate adult named on the account as a trustee. All withdrawals are notice free and all trustees are required to sign for any withdrawals.
*Gross is the rate of interest paid to eligible non-taxpayers without deduction of tax. Interest will be paid net of tax unless the account holder is eligible to receive interest gross and submits the required registration form.
**AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be when interest is paid and added to the capital balance each year.
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products to over four million customers
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money has the ambition to help runners raise £¼ billion over 5 years and will use its infrastructure, online capability and financial expertise to deliver that through Virgin Money Giving
- WWF is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations, with almost five million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries
- WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
Virgin Money plc Registered in England and Wales under company number 6952311. Registered Office: Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL (Main Switchboard 0845 600 8401). Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.