Virgin Money renews headline sponsorship of the Edinburgh Festival Fireworks Concert
The organisers of the Edinburgh International Festival have confirmed that Virgin Money will continue as headline sponsor of the famous fireworks concert for the next two years.
The Virgin Money Fireworks Concert will take place at 9pm on Sunday 1 September 2013, delivering a spectacular pyrotechnic ending to the Edinburgh International Festival 2013.
Over 400,000 fireworks and hundreds of firing sequences will be intricately choreographed to live music played by the Scottish Chamber Orchestra, all set against the iconic backdrop of Edinburgh Castle, making this the biggest annual fireworks concert in the world.
The Virgin Money Fireworks Concert brings together families and communities from across the city and beyond to enjoy this spectacular and popular event. An audience estimated to reach 250,000 will seek the best vantage points across the Scottish capital to hear and see the finale of Edinburgh’s summer festival season.
The Virgin Money Fireworks concert is also broadcast live on Radio Forth One and Two, allowing audiences across the city to enjoy the sound of the Scottish Chamber Orchestra with their view of the fireworks.
After a successful pilot scheme last year, organisers have confirmed that a limited number of Priority Entry Tickets will be available and for an extra £5, some can gain access to the Princes Street Gardens a full half hour before the gates open.
- Princes Street Gardens tickets are £12.50 and £17.50 with Priority Entry.
- Ross Theatre (seated) tickets are £27.50 standard entry.
- Tickets are limited to 10 per booking.
A limited number of Garden tickets will be released for sale the day before the Virgin Money Fireworks Concert. These can only be purchased in person from The Hub, Edinburgh, from 10.00am on Saturday 31 August.
The Edinburgh International Festival is one of the most prestigious festivals in the world, running for three weeks in Scotland’s stunning capital city. Festival 2013 will run from Friday 9 August to Sunday 1 September. The full programme for the Festival is announced this coming Tuesday, 12 March.
Virgin Money has been the headline sponsor of the Fireworks Concert since 2011 and its corporate headquarters are based in St Andrews Square, alongside Virgin Money’s beautiful Edinburgh customer lounge.
Paul Lloyd, Virgin Money's Marketing Director said: ‘Virgin Money is proud to be the headline sponsor of the Edinburgh International Fireworks Concert. Last year’s event was a magnificent spectacle and was a perfect fit in the year of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. The Fireworks Concert is a fitting finale to a festival with a global reputation and we are delighted to announce that Virgin Money will continue as headline sponsor for the next two years."
Roy McEwan, Managing Director of the Scottish Chamber Orchestra said: ‘We are overjoyed that Virgin Money will continue to sponsor the fireworks concert for a further two years. We have formed a great partnership with them and, together with the Edinburgh Festival, we are developing what will be a spectacular event for the 30th fireworks concert.’
Jonathan Mills, Edinburgh International Festival Director said: ‘We are delighted after two years of supporting our stunning fireworks finale that Virgin Money has decided to continue its sponsorship of the Virgin Money Fireworks Concert for a further two years. Virgin is one of the world’s most innovative commercial brands, and we are delighted to be associated with Virgin Money. The company has already proved itself a strong new player in Scottish corporate life, and we are pleased it is engaging with enthusiasm in Edinburgh and Scotland’s cultural life.’
About Virgin Money:
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products to over four million customers
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money leads the London Marathon sponsorship with the ambition to help runners raise £¼ billion over 5 years and will use its infrastructure, online capability and financial expertise to deliver that through Virgin Money Giving
About Edinburgh International Festival:
- Featuring world class new and classic drama, opera, music, dance and visual arts Edinburgh International Festival 2013 runs from Friday 9 August to Sunday 1 September across the city in theatres, concert halls and opera houses attracting audiences from around the world to Scotland’s picturesque capital. Full details are available at www.eif.co.uk
- This year’s programme is revealed on Tuesday 12 March