Virgin Money joins forces with the WWF to help young savers become life-savers
- Virgin Money is supporting the WWF in protecting rare and endangered wild animals and their habitats
- WWF Animal Adoption subscriptions given away with new Virgin Young Saver Accounts
- Virgin Young Saver Issue 2 offers interest of 2.00% gross* p.a. / AER**
Virgin Money has partnered with the WWF, the world’s leading independent conservation organisation, to show the importance of saving for the future – whether that is for the financial future of children, or protecting the future of some of the world’s endangered animals.
In the new partnership, Virgin Money will support the WWF’s work to protect rare and endangered species and their habitats by giving away 12 month WWF Animal Adoption subscriptions for every new Virgin Young Saver Account opened from 29 April 2013.
11,000 WWF free adoption packs will be available, only through the Virgin Money Store network, and they will be offered on a first come, first served basis. There is a range of 12 different WWF Animal Adoption Packs available for customers to choose from, including packs for the Tiger, Snow Leopard, Black Rhino, Giant Panda, Asian Elephant and others (full list below). Each WWF animal adoption pack will include:
- a cuddly toy
- a certificate of adoption
- stickers, bookmarks and a fact book
- a free quarterly update from the WWF
In addition, other fun materials related to the campaign will be available in-store for children to interact with.
Peter Rogerson, Commercial Director – Savings and Mortgages at Virgin Money said “We’re delighted to launch this partnership with WWF. The Virgin Young Saver is an account that helps to save more than just money. This campaign is also about education and raising awareness of the WWF's important conservation work, as well as the need to save for the future. Two valuable life lessons for youngsters.”
Tobin Aldrich, Director of Communications and Fundraising at WWF-UK said “WWF is proud to partner with the Virgin Young Saver Account campaign as it’s never too early to start saving for a child’s financial future, or to get our children involved in vital conservation issues such as the protection of rare and endangered species and their natural habitats.”
The Virgin Young Saver Issue 2 pays interest of 2.00% gross* p.a. / AER**, and is available through Virgin Money Stores, or by post, to customers aged under 16. Accounts can be opened with just £1, and provide instant access to savings. More information on the Virgin Young Saver Account is available through Virgin Money Stores or at www.virginmoney.com/savings.
- ENDS -
Virgin Money Press Office
Tel: 0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
Product details - Virgin Young Saver Issue 2 Account
Annual interest %
Accounts have a maximum balance limit of £10,000, and must be opened with an appropriate adult named on the account as a trustee. All withdrawals are notice free and all trustees are required to sign for any withdrawals.
*Gross is the rate of interest paid to eligible non-taxpayers without deduction of tax. Interest will be paid net of tax unless the account holder is eligible to receive interest gross and submits the required registration form.
**AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be when interest is paid and added to the capital balance each year.
There are 12 different WWF Animal Adoption Packs available for customers to choose from, and they are:
- Borneo Orang-utan
- Snow Leopard
- Hawksbill Turtle
- Bottlenose Dolphin
- Polar Bear
- Adelie Penguin
- Amur Leopard
- Black Rhino
- Mountain Gorilla
- Giant Panda
- Asian Elephant
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products to over four million customers
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money leads the London Marathon sponsorship with the ambition to help runners raise £¼ billion over 5 years and will use its infrastructure, online capability and financial expertise to deliver that through Virgin Money Giving
- WWF is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations, with almost five million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries
- WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
Virgin Money plc Registered in England and Wales under company number 6952311. Registered Office: Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL (Main Switchboard 0845 600 8401). Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.