Virgin Money extends 'Fringe on the High Street' sponsorship deal to 2016
Virgin Money is pleased to announce a new three year extension to its sponsorship of Edinburgh’s ‘Fringe on the High Street’. The new deal will see Virgin Money sponsor Edinburgh’s Street Events until at least 2016.
‘Fringe on the High Street’ offers a range of events for thousands of people who visit Scotland’s capital during August. This year alone has seen over 45,464 performances from a host of artists performing at 273 different venues. The shows range from theatre, comedy, dance, music, operas and exhibitions. The Virgin Money Street events take place on the Royal Mile and The Mound.
As well as ‘Fringe on the High Street’ and The Edinburgh International Festival’s Fireworks Concert, Virgin Money also sponsored the inaugural Lord Provost’s Garden Party, held at the picturesque Lauriston Castle on 31 August.
Paul Lloyd, Marketing Director at Virgin Money said: “Virgin Money is delighted to announce a three year extension to our ‘Fringe on the High Street’ sponsorship. We pride ourselves on being an innovative new bank and the Fringe is the perfect fit for us, accessible to everyone and a great platform for some of the most imaginative and innovative performers to showcase their talents.
“This August has seen a record number of visitors to the Virgin Money Lounge, situated on St Andrew Square, enjoying performances from various Fringe acts as well as a number of charitable events supporting the Festival.
“The Lord Provost’s Garden Party, Fringe and Fireworks all celebrate the city of Edinburgh and its people. We are extremely proud to play our part in bringing people together to celebrate what makes Edinburgh such a great place to live, work and visit.”
Chief Executive of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society, Kath M. Mainland said: “I am thrilled that Virgin Money is committed to continuing to build on the work that we have done together over the past three years. Their contribution to the Fringe is just not financial, but a true partnership, bringing, as they do, a fresh and lively perspective to all the projects that we have worked on together. I look forward to working with them for many years to come.”
- ENDS -
Virgin Money Press Office
Tel: 0191 279 4676
Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society Media Office
Tel : 0131 240 1919
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products to over four million customers
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business as we aim to offer good value to customers, treat employees well, make a positive contribution to society and deliver a profit to our shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money aims to help runners raise over £250 million over 5 years and will use its infrastructure, online capability and financial expertise to deliver that through Virgin Money Giving
Fringe on the High Street
- Virgin Money’s sponsorship of ‘Fringe on the High Street’ will run for three years from 2014 to 2016
- The Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2014 runs from 01-25 August
- Tickets and information will be available at www.edfringe.com
Edinburgh International Festival
- Edinburgh International Festival 2013 runs from 9 August – 1 September.
- Celebrating its 65th anniversary the Edinburgh International Festival continues to present the best in contemporary and classic work from world leading artists and remains one of the most diverse, exciting and accessible events of its kind, with ticket prices beginning at just £6. Almost 3000 artists from 47 nations gather this year to share the live experience of theatre, dance, opera and music with audiences from approximately a third of the world’s nations.
- The Edinburgh International Festival is supported by The City of Edinburgh Council and Creative Scotland. Scottish Charity (SC004694).