Virgin Money opens first new banking store in Guildford
- New Virgin Money Store located at 12 North Street, Guildford GU1 4AF
- First new Virgin Money Store opened since Northern Rock acquisition
- Fresh approach to high street banking
Virgin Money opened its first new banking Store on Saturday 7 July 2012, at 12 North Street, Guildford GU1 4AF. The brand new Store replaces the old Northern Rock branch at 32 Castle Street, Guildford.
Following the acquisition of Northern Rock by Virgin Money in January 2012, the entire network of Northern Rock branches is undergoing transformation to Virgin Money Stores. The process of rebranding will be completed in 2012.
Features of the new Store include:
- A range of savings and mortgages
- A fresh new approach to high street banking
- Great customer service and no hard sell
- Access to Virgin Money products - credit cards, investments, insurance and pensions
- Use of free WiFi, iPads and iMacs
- The same friendly and knowledgeable team who know Guildford customers
Kerry Merrington, Manager of the Guildford Store, said: "I am delighted to be able to welcome Virgin Money customers to our first fully re-branded Store. The facilities available to customers are very different to a normal bank branch. As well as having access to all Virgin Money and Northern Rock products, customers can simply come in, take the weight off their feet, enjoy a cup of tea and use our free facilities. It was great to see so many people come along to our Open day on Saturday and I would encourage customers both old and new to pop in and start with a free savings review which could help breathe new life into their savings."
Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Chief Executive at Virgin Money commented: "I am delighted Guildford is the very first Virgin Money Store to open. Since Northern Rock became part of Virgin Money in January, we have been working hard on bringing the two businesses together to offer the best of both worlds to our customers. Our approach to banking is about offering good service, great value products, no fuss and no hard sell, all in a bright, relaxed, comfortable environment where our customers can sort out their money quickly and easily.
"For over forty years Virgin has been going into established areas of business and showing just how much better things can be. We're aiming to do the same for banking - to build trust and build a new kind of bank, one that people want to be part of."
- ENDS -
For pictures of the new Virgin Money Store in Guildford please visit http://virg.co/guildford.
Simon Hall, Senior PR Manager, Virgin Money
07855 257 081
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money acquired Northern Rock plc from Her Majesty’s Treasury on 1 January 2012. The acquisition included:
- 75 Northern Rock branches
- One million customers
- c.£14bn mortgage book
- c.£16bn retail deposit book
- c.2,100 employees
- Combined with Virgin Money’s existing business of three million customers, the enlarged Group has over four million customers.
- The combined business operates under the Virgin Money brand.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- Virgin is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money leads the London Marathon sponsorship with the ambition to help runners raise £¼ billion over 5 years and will use its infrastructure, online capability and financial expertise to deliver that through Virgin Money Giving.
Northern Rock plc
- On 1 January 2012, Northern Rock was acquired by Virgin Money.
- Northern Rock is a bank, authorised by the FSA as a deposit taker and mortgage lender. It offers savings accounts to customers in the UK and Ireland and mortgage products to UK borrowers. New products are offered through both direct channels - including a national branch network - and mortgage intermediaries.