Virgin Money to become Virgin Atlantic's retail financial services partner in the UK
- New partnership will offer customers a range of benefits, including Flying Club miles and Virgin Group discounts
- Collaboration on new financial products will begin in early 2018
Virgin Money and Virgin Atlantic have agreed a new partnership under which Virgin Money will become Virgin Atlantic’s preferred retail financial services partner in the UK from 2018.
It is intended that the first of the new products will be launched in early 2018 and will offer customers a range of Virgin Atlantic benefits, as well as the advantages of being a Virgin Money customer including access to Virgin Money Lounges and a range of Virgin Group company discounts.
Richard Branson, Founder of the Virgin Group said: "All Virgin companies have the shared ambition to make things better for customers, by delivering exciting products supported by red hot service. I am delighted that two of our best known and most loved brands are coming together to combine their strengths and deliver exactly that for customers."
Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Virgin Money’s Chief Executive said: "Successful partnerships are a vital element of Virgin Money’s strategy and we’re delighted to come together with Virgin Atlantic to offer customers exciting new products and rewards supported by outstanding customer service. With our shared brand and closely aligned core values, this is a fantastic opportunity to build a valuable partnership and a very strong customer proposition."
Craig Kreeger, Chief Executive Officer at Virgin Atlantic, said: "This is an excellent opportunity for collaboration between two companies in the Virgin family. Our partnership with Virgin Money is a core part of our partnership strategy and we are excited about the opportunity to launch new and innovative financial services products that complement and enhance the Virgin Atlantic travel experience."
Virgin Money offers a broad range of financial products, including savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions and investments to customers across the UK. The business is firmly focused on providing customers with good value, straightforward products, supported by multi-channel distribution, outstanding service and a differentiated customer experience. This approach has led to new highs in customer satisfaction with the overall Net Promoter Score improving to +39 during the first half of the year, making Virgin Money one of the best-rated retail banks in the UK.
Virgin Atlantic’s loyalty programme rewards adventures with Flying Club miles. The more you fly, the more you earn and the more rewarding it becomes as you soar up through the tiers from Red, to Silver then on to Gold. Members can earn miles by flying, doing the weekly shop or splashing out on an exclusive stay but the best bit by far is spending them, with a whole host of on the ground and in the air partners. For more information visit www.virginatlantic.com/flyingclub opens in a new window
Virgin Money Press Office
0191 279 4676
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make "everyone better off" - this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 13,000 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of H1 2017, over £560 million had been raised for charity through the service since its launch in 2009.
About Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Atlantic was founded by entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson over 30 years ago after he decided the UK aviation industry needed shaking up and style injected back into it. On 22nd June 1984, Virgin Atlantic's inaugural flight to Newark took place, on an aircraft filled with personal friends, celebrities and the media.
- The airline has pioneered a range of innovations setting new standards of service. For example, Virgin Atlantic was the first airline to introduce the Premium Economy product, include a bar in every aircraft for Upper Class customers, offer seatback TVs on every seat in every cabin, develop a fully flatbed seat and fly a commercial aircraft on biofuels. Despite Virgin Atlantic’s growth, the service still remains customer driven with an emphasis on value for money, quality, fun and innovation.
- Today, Virgin Atlantic flies to over 30 destinations worldwide, including locations across the United States, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Virgin Atlantic currently has a fleet of 39 aircraft, which is comprised of Boeing 747s, Boeing 787s, Airbus A340-600s and A330-300s.