- Save between £1 and £250 a month, and take money out whenever you like.
- Enjoy a fixed interest rate for a year.
- Awarded High Street Provider of the Year 2018 by Moneyfacts.
- Feel the love with our customer Lounges, Virgin perks and more.
Is this account right for you?
Great if you...
- Want a fixed rate and access to your money anytime.
- Plan to save regularly.
- Like managing your money face-to-face in Store.
- The maximum deposit per calendar month is £250.
- There's no option to manage your money online.
Please read the following Summary Box before applying for this account
|18||3.00||3.00||01 September 2020|
Annual interest is paid on 31 October and will be available the next working day.
Rates are fixed until the maturity date. This means we cannot change the rate until after the fixed rate period.
|Issue||Fixed term||Projected balance at the end of the fixed term|
|Regular Saver Issue 18||01 September 2020||£3,306.88|
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account your individual circumstances. It is based on a maximum £250 monthly deposit over 13 months, with no withdrawals being made and interest being added to the account.
- This account can be opened in Store by UK residents aged 16 or over.
- Only one account can be opened per customer per issue.
- Minimum initial and additional deposit £1.
- Maximum calendar monthly deposit limit £250.
- Minimum operating balance £1.
- Maximum deposit limit £3,250 a year. For all accounts the maximum deposit limit also applies to joint accounts.
- If a monthly deposit results in your account going over the maximum £250 per calendar month deposit limit we will return the additional money to you. This does not include any interest you have asked to be added direct to your account.
- Each customer can save up to a total of £2 million with Virgin Money, across all accounts held.
Deposits and instructions can be made by:
- Cash - Store** only.
- Arranging an electronic transfer.
- Transfer from an existing Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- Minimum withdrawal amount is £1 (or less if closing). If you withdraw money from your Regular Saver in a calendar month you cannot pay money back in to your account beyond the £250 per calendar month deposit limit.
- You can have access to your money whenever you need it. To request a withdrawal simply send your written instructions to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or you can take money out in the following ways:
- Cash - Store** only.
- Cheque - simply complete a Transaction Slip and a cheque will be sent promptly to your correspondence address.
- Electronic transfer.
- Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- After the fixed rate period your account will become a variable rate account. However, we will write to you before the end of the fixed rate period to let you know the options available to you, as well as advising you of the interest rate currently payable on the variable rate account.
- This account is a payment account.
- The automatic deduction of tax on savings interest ceased with effect from 6 April 2016.
- Interest payments will not be counted towards the maximum £250 monthly calendar deposit limit.
- We pay interest without deducting income tax, unless HMRC/the law requires otherwise. However, depending on your personal circumstances, you may be liable to pay income tax on the interest you have earned. Please visit www.gov.uk/apply-tax-free-interest-on-savings for further information. We do not issue Certificates of interest paid and tax deducted automatically. However, once you have requested and received a Certificate of interest paid and tax deducted we will provide further certificates in April each subsequent year that the account remains open and, for closed accounts, in the tax year the account is closed.
- Please note, the tax treatment and rate of interest payable depend on the individual circumstances of each customer and may change in the future.
- Virgin Money Store accounts will receive a Passbook. You must remember to present your passbook and suitable personal identification each time you make a withdrawal in a Store. Your passbook will be updated to show details of your transactions and the interest added to your account. We will also send you a letter each month there are any payments on your account (other than an interest payment) if regulations and guidance from our regulator require us to do so and unless otherwise agreed with you.
We hope we can resolve any issues you may have in the first instance, but if you have a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can look into it for you. You can write the details of your complaint to the Customer Relations Team, Virgin Money plc, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which provides independent adjudication of complaints. A copy of our Internal Complaint Procedures leaflet PDF opens in a new window (PDF, 164KB) is available on request.
If you are not happy with your choice of account within 14 days of opening it, we will help you switch accounts.
If you wish to take advantage of this 14 day cancellation period please contact our Main Office at:
Or visit your local Virgin Money Store to cancel your account. If you do cancel your account the full amount of your investment, together with any interest earned in accordance with your account details will be returned to you.
Save with confidence
As we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee
Clydesdale and Virgin Money are becoming one bank
In October 2018, Virgin Money plc (Virgin Money) joined forces with Clydesdale Bank PLC (Clydesdale). So we can bring the two businesses together as one bank, we're transferring the business of Virgin Money to Clydesdale.
Before you apply, we need to make you aware of some important information about the transfer. This includes how you can object to the transfer if you think it may have a negative impact on you, and how your Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protection could be affected.
Find a Store to apply
More reasons to choose Virgin Money
Virgin Money Lounges
Enjoy exclusive membership to our Virgin Money Lounges. Help yourself to free tea and coffee, use our Wi-Fi and iPads and take some time for yourself or relax with friends.
We've brought our Lounges to London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Norwich, Sheffield and Cardiff, with more on the way.Discover our Lounges
We don’t like to brag but it’s good for you to know that other people have given us a thumbs up too. You don’t just have to take our word for it. Here are a few awards we’ve won:
High Street Provider of the Year (Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2018)
Best Overall Cash ISA Provider (Savings Champion Awards 2018)
Best Bank Savings Provider (Moneyfacts Awards 2018)
We’re here to answer your savings questions. Chat online with one of our experts – or if it’s out of hours, our handy Questions and Answers page is the place to go.View the top savings queries
Virgin Group discounts
When you join the Virgin Money family, you get extra special deals across the wider Virgin Group. So you can save on everyday essentials, as well as bigger things - like days out, dream holidays and amazing adventures. Terms apply.Discover our discounts