Occasionally we can find ourselves in a new situation or stage in life which brings different financial challenges.
To help you manage these changes, here’s our selection of guides from The Money Advice Service.
Family and home
- Having a baby Link opens in a new window
Help with managing your money before, during and after the birth of your baby.
- Maternity and paternity rights Link opens in a new window
How to claim maternity pay and leave from your employer and rights when returning to work.
- Student and graduate money Link opens in a new window
Help with preparing your child for student life, including tips on budgeting at college or university.
- Buying a home Link opens in a new window
Work out your overall buying and moving costs, first time buyer advice, and tips and tools to help you work out what you can afford.
- Divorce and separation Link opens in a new window
How to manage your money and divide up what you own when divorcing or separating.
Health and bereavement
- Illness and disability Link opens in a new window
Advice about Personal Independence Payment, disability grants, aids and equipment.
- Care advice and help Link opens in a new window
Help with choosing the right care services, setting up a power of attorney, and dealing with problems.
- Making a will Link opens in a new window
Learn how to make and change a will and find out about the different options available.
- When someone dies Link opens in a new window
How to deal with money after a death, from paying for the funeral to looking after the paperwork.
Work and retirement
- Redundancy Link opens in a new window
Help with making a redundancy plan, benefits you can claim and your legal rights.
- Retirement income basics Link opens in a new window
Setting a clear retirement income goal and managing your money once you stop working.
Budgeting, debt and benefits
- Debt and borrowing Link opens in a new window
Taking control of debt, getting free debt advice, and how to borrow affordably.
- Help with your benefits Link opens in a new window
Getting the right entitlements, where to get support and what to do if your payments are cut.
- Managing your money and budgeting Link opens in a new window
How to draw up a budget, pay off outstanding debts and even start saving.