- Top up or take out your money whenever you like.
- Save from as little as £1 up to £500,000.
- Awarded Best Bank Savings Provider 2018 by Moneyfacts.
- Feel the love with our customer Lounges, Virgin perks and more.
Is this account right for you?
Great if you...
- Are a registered charity looking to save flexibly.
- Want to top up your savings whenever you like.
- Like managing your money face-to-face in Store, or by post from your own home.
- Your charity must be registered with Charities Commission for England and Wales or the Office of Scottish Charity Register.
- The account must be opened by at least two trustees.
- There's no option to manage your money online.
Please read the following Summary Box before applying for this account
Half yearly interest
Half yearly interest
Interest is paid half yearly on 31 May and 30 November and will be available the next working day.
Rates are variable. This means we may increase or decrease interest rates at any time. When we decrease interest rates we will give you at least two months' notice before the rate reduces. Please refer to section 10 within the Charity terms and conditions.
|Charity Deposit Account Issue 6||£1,007.51|
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account your individual circumstances. This is based on no withdrawals or further deposits being made and interest being added to the account. The projected balance is based on the half yearly interest rate.
- This account can be opened by post by a minimum of two trustees (and no more than three trustees) who must be UK residents over 18 years of age.
- Only one account can be opened per customer per issue.
- Minimum to open £1.
- Minimum additional deposit £1.
- Minimum operating balance £1.
- Maximum deposit limit £500,000.
- If a deposit results in your account going over the maximum deposit limit we will return the additional money to you. This does not include any interest you have asked to be added direct to your account.
- Each customer can save up to a total of £2 million with Virgin Money, across all accounts held.
Deposits and instructions can be made by:
- Cash - Store** only.
- Arranging an electronic transfer.
- Transfer from an existing Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- Minimum withdrawal amount is £1 (or less if closing).
- You can have access to your money whenever you need it.
- We require a minimum of two signatory signatures to withdraw money from the account. Simply send your written instructions to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or you can take money out in the following ways:
- Cash - Store** only.
- Cheque - simply complete a Transaction Slip and a cheque will be sent promptly to your correspondence address.
- Electronic transfer.
- Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- This account is a payment account.
- The automatic deduction of tax on savings interest ceased with effect from 6 April 2016.
- We pay interest without deducting income tax, unless HMRC/the law requires otherwise. We do not issue Certificates of interest paid and tax deducted automatically. However, once you have requested and received a Certificate of interest paid and tax deducted we will provide further certificates in April each subsequent year that the account remains open and, for closed accounts, in the tax year the account is closed.
- Please note, the tax treatment and rate of interest payable depend on the individual circumstances of each customer and may change in the future.
- You will receive a passbook with this account. Once the account is open, we will issue a passbook with your account number and opening balance. This must be presented for every transaction in a Store. You can visit any Virgin Money Store and we will update your passbook to show details of your transactions and any interest added to your account. We will also send you a letter each month there are any payments on your account (other than an interest payment) if regulations and guidance from our regulator require us to do so and unless otherwise agreed with you.
We hope we can resolve any issues you may have in the first instance, but if you have a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can look into it for you. You can write the details of your complaint to the Customer Relations Team, Virgin Money plc, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which provides independent adjudication of complaints. A copy of our Internal Complaint Procedures leaflet PDF opens in a new window (PDF, 164KB) is available on request.
If you are not happy with your choice of account within 14 days of opening it, we will help you switch accounts.
If you wish to take advantage of this 14 day cancellation period please contact our Main Office at:
Or visit your local Virgin Money Store to cancel your account. If you do cancel your account the full amount of your investment, together with any interest earned in accordance with your account details will be returned to you.
Save with confidence
As we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per charity. Most charities are covered by the scheme.View the FSCS guarantee
Clydesdale and Virgin Money are becoming one bank
In October 2018, Virgin Money plc (Virgin Money) joined forces with Clydesdale Bank PLC (Clydesdale). So we can bring the two businesses together as one bank, we're transferring the business of Virgin Money to Clydesdale.
Before you apply, we need to make you aware of some important information about the transfer. This includes how your Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protection could be affected.
Apply by post
This is a postal account
Apply by postDownload application form
Send your completed application form to:
Virgin Money plc, E-Savings, NEA 3780, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4ZE
More reasons to choose Virgin Money
Virgin Money Lounges
Enjoy exclusive membership to our Virgin Money Lounges. Help yourself to free tea and coffee, use our Wi-Fi and iPads and take some time for yourself or relax with friends.
We've brought our Lounges to London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Norwich, Sheffield and Cardiff, with more on the way.Discover our Lounges
We don’t like to brag but it’s good for you to know that other people have given us a thumbs up too. You don’t just have to take our word for it. Here are a few awards we’ve won:
High Street Provider of the Year (Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2018)
Best Overall Cash ISA Provider (Savings Champion Awards 2018)
Best Bank Savings Provider (Moneyfacts Awards 2018)
We’re here to answer your savings questions. Chat online with one of our experts – or if it’s out of hours, our handy Questions and Answers page is the place to go.View the top savings queries
Virgin Group discounts
When you join the Virgin Money family, you get extra special deals across the wider Virgin Group. So you can save on everyday essentials, as well as bigger things - like days out, dream holidays and amazing adventures. Terms apply.Discover our discounts