- Know exactly how much interest you will earn.
- Get all your ISAs together in one place with our simple ISA Transfer service.
- Awarded Best Cash ISA Provider 2018 by Moneyfacts.
- Feel the love with our customer Lounges, Virgin perks and more.
Is this account right for you?
Great if you...
- Want a certain return on your savings.
- Have a one-off amount to put away.
- Want to bring all of your ISAs together.
- You have to put money into your account within 30 days.
- You can pay in up to £20,000 in the current tax year, and there is no limit on ISA transfers.
- If you take your money out within the three years there is a charge.
Please read the following Summary Box before applying for this account
|396||1.71||1.71||1.70||1.71||24 August 2022|
Annual interest is paid on 5 August, and will be available the next working day. Monthly interest is paid on the last day of the month, and will be available the next working day.
Rates are fixed until the maturity date. This means we cannot change the rate until after the fixed rate period.
|Issue||Fixed term||Projected balance at the end of the fixed term|
|3 Year Fixed Rate Cash E-ISA Issue 396||3 Year||£1,052.18|
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account your individual circumstances. This is based on no withdrawals or further deposits being made and interest being added to the account. The projected balance is based on the annual interest rate.
- This account can be opened online by UK residents aged 16 or over.
- Only one account can be opened per customer per issue.
- Minimum to open £1.
- For your initial deposit you are able to pay money in with your debit card. Any money paid in will receive interest immediately but cannot be withdrawn for six working days.
- Minimum additional deposit £1.
- Minimum operating balance £1.
- Each tax year you can pay in up to your annual tax-free allowance (subject to the terms and conditions of your account), which is £20,000 in the 2019 - 2020 tax year. This annual allowance may change in future tax years. You will find this information on our website, in our Stores and via our Contact Centre.
- To ensure money is accepted into your new account we must receive all money within 30 days from your account opening date. Any deposits received after 30 days may be returned to you. Therefore if you wish to add to your ISA every tax year this product will not be suitable. Fixed Rate Cash ISAs are not suitable for regular deposits.
- Each customer can save up to a total of £2 million with Virgin Money, across all accounts held.
- If a deposit results in your account going over the maximum deposit limit or the annual tax-free allowance we will return the excess money to you. This does not include any interest you have asked to be added direct to your account.
Deposits and instructions can be made by:
- Cash - Store** only.
- Electronic transfer.
- Transfer from an existing Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- Transferring an existing Cash ISA or a Stocks and Shares ISA from another provider.
- Minimum withdrawal amount is £1 (or less if closing).
- You can withdraw money from your account but you cannot put money back in. Any withdrawals made within the fixed rate period are subject to a charge equivalent to 120 days' loss of interest on the amount withdrawn.
- After the fixed rate period your account will become a variable rate Cash ISA. However, we will write to you before the end of the fixed rate period to let you know the options available to you, as well as advising you of the interest rate currently payable on the variable rate account.
You can have access to your money whenever you need it. Simply log into your account and arrange to take money in the following ways:
- Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
By electronic transfer:
- Before 12 September 2019, you can choose whether to send your payment by Faster Payments or CHAPS. There is a £30 fee if you choose CHAPS.
- From 12 September 2019, payments up to £100,000 will be sent by Faster Payments. Payments that are more than £100,000 will be sent by CHAPS free of charge.
- This account is a non-payment account.
- Each month that there is a transaction on your account (other than an interest payment), we may email you at least once to let you know a statement is available to view online. You can view your transactions online at any time.
- Please also remember the tax advantages depend on your individual circumstances and the tax treatment of ISAs may change in the future.
- In addition to paying in up to £20,000 in the 2019 - 2020 tax year, you can also transfer previous tax years' Cash ISA and Stocks and Shares ISA subscriptions. You can only subscribe to one Cash ISA in each tax year.
- By opening a Cash ISA you limit the amount of tax-free savings you can make in a Stocks and Shares ISA, an Innovative Finance ISA and a Lifetime ISA.
- This is a limited issue account.
We hope we can resolve any issues you may have in the first instance, but if you have a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can look into it for you. You can write the details of your complaint to the Customer Relations Team, Virgin Money plc, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or email email@example.com
If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which provides independent adjudication of complaints. A copy of our Internal Complaint Procedures leaflet PDF opens in a new window (PDF, 164KB) is available on request.
If you are not happy with your choice of account within 14 days of depositing your ISA subscription, we will help you close your account and you will not lose your right to invest in another Cash ISA, Stocks and Shares ISA, Innovative Finance ISA or Lifetime ISA for that tax year. If you wish to take advantage of this 14-day rule, you must send your cancellation in writing to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, NE3 4PL, when you close your account we will ensure that our reports to HM Revenue & Customs reflect the correct position. If you do cancel your account, the full amount of your investment, together with any interest earned will be returned to you.
It is not possible for a Power of Attorney account to be operated online. To apply as a Power of Attorney please download an application form PDF opens in a new window (PDF, 376KB) , complete and return to the address provided on the form. Your account will then be opened and operated by post via our Main Office.
Save with confidence
As we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee
Clydesdale and Virgin Money are becoming one bank
In October 2018, Virgin Money plc (Virgin Money) joined forces with Clydesdale Bank PLC (Clydesdale). So we can bring the two businesses together as one bank, we're transferring the business of Virgin Money to Clydesdale.
Before you apply, we need to make you aware of some important information about the transfer. This includes how you can object to the transfer if you think it may have a negative impact on you, and how your Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protection could be affected.
Apply now in just 10 minutes
More reasons to choose Virgin Money
Virgin Money Lounges
Enjoy exclusive membership to our Virgin Money Lounges. Help yourself to free tea and coffee, use our Wi-Fi and iPads and take some time for yourself or relax with friends.
We've brought our Lounges to London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Norwich, Sheffield and Cardiff, with more on the way.Discover our Lounges
We don’t like to brag but it’s good for you to know that other people have given us a thumbs up too. You don’t just have to take our word for it. Here are a few awards we’ve won:
Best Online Savings Provider (Your Money 2018)
Best Bank Savings Provider (Moneyfacts Awards 2018)
Best Overall Cash ISA Provider (Savings Champion Awards 2018)
We’re here to answer your savings questions. Chat online with one of our experts – or if it’s out of hours, our handy Questions and Answers page is the place to go.View the top savings queries
Virgin Group discounts
When you join the Virgin Money family, you get extra special deals across the wider Virgin Group. So you can save on everyday essentials, as well as bigger things - like days out, dream holidays and amazing adventures. Terms apply.Discover our discounts