- Get a higher rate for saving longer.
- Know exactly how much interest you will earn.
- Awarded High Street Savings Provider of the Year 2018 by Moneyfacts.
- Feel the love with our customer Lounges, Virgin perks and more.
Is this account right for you?
Great if you...
- Want a certain return on your savings.
- Have a one-off amount to put away.
- Like managing your money face-to-face in Store, or by post from your own home.
- You can’t access your money for two years.
- You can’t make regular top-ups.
- There's no option to manage your money online.
Please read the following Summary Box before applying for this account
|439||1.35||1.35||1.34||1.35||01 November 2021|
Annual interest is paid on 30 September and will be available the next working day. Monthly interest is paid on the last day of each month, and will be available the next working day.
Rates are fixed until the maturity date. This means we cannot change the rate until after the fixed rate period.
|Issue||Fixed term||Projected balance at the end of the fixed term|
|2 Year Fixed Rate Bond Issue 439||2 Year||£1,027.18|
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account your individual circumstances. This is based on no withdrawals or further deposits being made and interest being added to the account. The projected balance is based on the annual interest rate.
- This account can be opened in Store, over the phone and by post by UK residents aged 16 or over.
- Only one account can be opened per customer per issue.
- Minimum to open £1.
- Minimum additional deposit £1.
- Minimum operating balance £1.
- Maximum deposit limit £1 million. For all accounts the maximum deposit limit also applies to joint accounts.
- This is a strictly limited issue and can be withdrawn at any time. Once withdrawn there is a very limited window to make any deposits and any deposits received after this time will be returned to you. We will not contact you to let you know when the Fixed Rate Bond is withdrawn, we recommend that you add to your account immediately. If a deposit results in your account going over the maximum deposit limit we will return the additional money to you. This does not include any interest you have asked to be added direct to your account.
- Each customer can save up to a total of £2 million with Virgin Money, across all accounts held.
Deposits and instructions can be made by:
- Cash - Store** only.
- Arranging an electronic transfer.
- Transfer from an existing Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account.
- Early closure or withdrawals are not permitted until after the fixed rate period as detailed.
- After the fixed rate period your account will become a variable rate account. However, we will write to you before the end of the fixed rate period to let you know the options available to you, as well as advising you of the interest rate currently payable on the variable rate account.
- This account is a non-payment account.
- The automatic deduction of tax on savings interest ceased with effect from 6 April 2016.
- We pay interest without deducting income tax, unless HMRC/the law requires otherwise. However, depending on your personal circumstances, you may be liable to pay income tax on the interest you have earned. Please visit www.gov.uk/apply-tax-free-interest-on-savings for further information. We do not issue Certificates of interest paid and tax deducted automatically. However, once you have requested and received a Certificate of interest paid and tax deducted we will provide further certificates in April each subsequent year that the account remains open and, for closed accounts, in the tax year the account is closed.
- Please note, the tax treatment and rate of interest payable depend on the individual circumstances of each customer and may change in the future.
- For accounts opened over the phone or by post we will send you a Welcome Pack in the post with details of your account number and opening balance. Each month there is a transaction on your account (other than an interest payment), we will send you a paper statement at least once. We will also send a statement annually in October and on closure of the account.
If you have a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can look into it for you. You can write to the Customer Relations Team, Virgin Money plc, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL or email email@example.com. If we are not able to put things right to your satisfaction, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for independent adjudication. If you would like a copy of our Internal Complaint Procedures leafletPDF opens in a new window (PDF, 164KB), this is available on request.
You are unable to cancel this account once it has been opened.
Save with confidence
As we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, savings with Virgin Money are covered up to £85,000 per person.View the FSCS guarantee
Clydesdale and Virgin Money are becoming one bank
In October 2018, Virgin Money plc (Virgin Money) joined forces with Clydesdale Bank PLC (Clydesdale). So we can bring the two businesses together as one bank, we're transferring the business of Virgin Money to Clydesdale.
Before you apply, we need to make you aware of some important information about the transfer. This includes how your Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protection could be affected.
Choose the type of account you would like to apply for
Apply in Store
Request an appointment and chat with us face to face at your local Store.Find a Store
Apply by postDownload application form
Send your completed application form to:
Virgin Money plc, E-Savings, NEA 3780, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4ZE
Apply over the phone
Call our UK based call centre
0345 850 2336
We're here from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm Saturdays and 10am to 3pm Sundays.
Call to 03 numbers are the same as calls to 01 and 02 numbers and they are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.
More reasons to choose Virgin Money
Virgin Money Lounges
Enjoy exclusive membership to our Virgin Money Lounges. Help yourself to free tea and coffee, use our Wi-Fi and iPads and take some time for yourself or relax with friends.
We've brought our Lounges to London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Norwich, Sheffield and Cardiff, with more on the way.Discover our Lounges
We don’t like to brag but it’s good for you to know that other people have given us a thumbs up too. You don’t just have to take our word for it. Here are a few awards we’ve won:
High Street Provider of the Year (Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2018)
Best Overall Cash ISA Provider (Savings Champion Awards 2018)
Best Bank Savings Provider (Moneyfacts Awards 2018)
We’re here to answer your savings questions. Chat online with one of our experts – or if it’s out of hours, our handy Questions and Answers page is the place to go.View the top savings queries
Virgin Group discounts
When you join the Virgin Money family, you get extra special deals across the wider Virgin Group. So you can save on everyday essentials, as well as bigger things - like days out, dream holidays and amazing adventures. Terms apply.Discover our discounts