Flybe ceases trading
Flybe has confirmed that it has entered Administration on 5 March 2020 and all flights have been grounded, meaning that all flights provided by Flybe have been cancelled and are no longer operating. If you are affected by this, below is some information that you may find useful.
What it means to you
ATOL (Air Travel Organiser’s Licence) is a UK financial protection scheme and it protects most air package holidays sold by travel businesses that are based in the UK. This means you may be eligible for assistance in the event of a travel business failure.
ABTA has a similar scheme in place for non-flight based package holidays.
If you haven’t travelled yet
- If, when you booked your holiday with Flybe, you were given an ATOL certificate read it carefully – it explains what parts of your trip are covered. For further information or to start a claim, please refer to www.caa.co.uk Link opens in a new window.
- If you booked a flight directly with Flybe and paid by debit card then you may not be ATOL protected so please contact us as we may be able to help you.
- If your package holiday is non-flight based and is ABTA protected, for further information or to start a claim, please refer to www.abta.com Link opens in a new window.
If you are currently abroad
- If you were given an ATOL Certificate when you booked, read it carefully – it explains who is protecting your trip and what to do. Information explaining what arrangements will be made to let you to complete your trip and fly home will be published on www.caa.co.uk Link opens in a new window. If you have any difficulties while abroad, make sure you call the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) on +44 (0) 333 103 6350. CAA will explain the situation and discuss your options.
- If your travel is not ATOL/ABTA protected please contact us as we have procedures in place to help you.
If you're a current account customer
Please call us on
0345 600 6103
We're here 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm Saturdays and 10am to 3pm Sundays.
If you're a credit card customer
Please call us on
0800 011 3210
We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|03 numbers||Same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and they are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.|
|084 numbers||Maximum of 7p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.|
|087 numbers||Maximum of 13p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.|
|0800 numbers||Free from UK landlines and personal mobile phones.|