Backpacker travel insurance
If you’re planning a worldwide adventure, get all these benefits with our special backpacker travel insurance:
- Cover for trips between 31 days and 18 months long.
- 40 adventure sports covered as standard, including, mountain biking and bungee jumping and windsurfing.
- We pay for hospital bills, medical treatment and your journey home if you need to travel back to the UK due to illness or injury.
- Access to a free 24 hour travel advice and emergency helpline.
- Going skiing on your trip? Just add the winter sports option to our backpackers travel cover.
- It’s also great if you need student travel insurance to cover your gap year abroad.
- Our backpackers travel insurance even gives you instant access to fantastic discounts with other Virgin companies.
With our silver and gold single trip policies you get baggage, gadgets and personal belongings covered as standard. With our red single trip policy you can add baggage, gadgets and personal belongings as an optional extra. We pay out if your baggage, gadgets or personal belongings get lost, stolen or damaged while you're away.
Please note there's a limit to how much you can claim for an individual item and the total amount you're covered for will depend on the policy you choose.
Please click here for full details of Baggage, gadgets & money cover.
You can choose what excess you pay if you need to make a claim:
This is the standard excess which applies to your policy.
By doubling your excess your policy may be cheaper, but it's important you can afford the double excess if you need to claim.
If you choose to waive your excess you won't have to pay one if you need to claim, but the cost of your policy will be higher.
Waiving your excess means you don't have to pay your standard policy excess, but you may still need to pay an excess if you claim for anything you add to your policy as an optional extra.
If you would like to talk to us, or you have a pre-existing medical condition, call us today on 0844 888 3900.